What Compensation To Expect For Grievous Bodily Harm With Intent

Grievous bodily harm with intent, or GBH with intent, is the most serious assault that anybody can commit on another person. If you are the victim of such an assault, then you have the legal right to financial compensation. That compensation could help to cover your losses during your recovery period, or pay for specialist medical care.

When determining a pay-out for GBH with intent, it is important to remember that the impacts of such an attack can stretch well beyond the date of the attack itself. For example, many people suffer insomnia afterwards or depression, anxiety, and some people develop panic attacks. Emotional and psychological trauma is more difficult to diagnose than any physical injury, however. Because of this, it is likely that you will have attend two or more medical examinations, to determine the true extent of your physical and emotional injuries.

The worse your injuries are, and the bigger the affect they will have on your life, then the more compensation you can claim. In addition to this, if you have suffered financially because of the assault, then you can claim back any lost income and out of pocket expenses, according to https://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/pages/much-compensation-gbh-intent/. This will bump your potential pay-out considerably. For instance, if you have had to have 6 months off work because of the assault, you can claim back 6 months’ wages.

Who will pay my compensation?

This will either be the perpetrator of the attack, or the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority aims to compensate the victims of violent crime. It is an executive agency, sponsored by the Ministry of Justice.

How much compensation could I be owed?

Due to the seriousness of GBH with intent, pay-outs usually exceed £5,000 at a minimum, and they can exceed £50,000. The amount of compensation you can claim depends on the extent of your injuries, your recovery period, and how your injuries have and will affect your life. To determine these, you will attend a medical examination, and a medical report will be created for you that details your injuries in a way that will satisfy the other side.

To get a proper estimated pay-out for GBH with intent, you should discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer with experience in criminal cases. We can’t provide an estimated pay-out here, since we do not know the circumstances surrounding your case or any of your case’s details. A lawyer will be able to give you an estimated payout and they will provide valuable legal advice to you. Alternatively, you can call an accident advice helpline and speak with an experienced and highly trained claims advisor.