Pocket Sprung mattresses are growing in popularity. If you wish to replace your 10 year old mattress then you should go straight for this type of mattress when you are aware as to the benefits it has to offer. It is an important decision when you invest in a new mattress. This is the reason about a bit more about pocket sprung mattresses in order to understand which mattress will really fit your needs.
What is it?
You should know how it works so that you understand its benefits. In the traditional coil mattress the main body has been crafted from rows of coils interlinked to each other by a thin wire below and above, whereas in the pocket mattresses it has a spring that is individually housed in their own fabric pocket so that each of them are able to work independently from the others. This implies that they are only reacting to the pressure that is directly applied to a particular area. On the other hand, in a coil sprung mattress the springs are interwoven, meaning that if pressure is applied to one they all react to a greater or lesser degree.
What are the benefits of pocket springs?
- It is able to avoid the “roll together” effect when sharing the mattress with a partner. The reason for this is that the individual springs react to the weight applied directly to each one.
- If kids jump on the bed then for the same reasons as before, pocket springs also absorb shocks as an example.
- It becomes necessary for you to consider choosing a pocket sprung mattress that incorporates a layer of memory foam or latex. On making use of the pocket springs in conjunction with either of these the benefits of both are enhanced.
- If you are worried about molding your body shape a pocket sprung mattress, it is half way between a traditional coil sprung mattress and memory foam. The pocket springs provide more balanced support than open coil mattresses, while not molding to the shape of your body as much as memory foam,
What to take into consideration when selecting a pocket sprung mattress
- Buying tips: It also becomes important to take into consideration the fact that it is widely accepted in the mattress and bed industry that the number of springs mentioned in description of a mattress refers to how many springs there are in 5 foot.
- Pocket Springs: Springs housed in pockets are smaller when compared to the standard springs you find in a traditional coil mattress in similar sizes. As a rule, the pocket mattress has in between 600 and4000 springs and coil sprung mattresses has roughly 300. It is considered that more springs are there in a mattress, the more support and comfort it will offer the sleeper.
- Spring count: You should also take into consideration the number of springs that are best for you when choosing a mattress. You should base your choice considering your weight or your partners’ weight combined. You will not need 2000 pocket springs unless your combined weight is over 30 stone. Hence, if a person is weighing 8-15 stone a 600-800 spring mattress should be fine and for a couple weighing a combined total of between 20-25 stone, 1000-2000 springs. These are rough guides though and it can also depend on personal preference.
When you are aware of all these details, you will have a better understanding of which pocket sprung mattress will be the right one for you depending on whether you are a couple or have comfort preferences. So, choose leading mattress manufacturer for right kind of mattress to get peaceful night’s sleep.