After traveling back to Haiti in August to produce this film, I began an apprenticeship at The Stranger last month.
Today my news feature on striking berry pickers in Burlington, Washington is out. Sakuma Brothers Berry Boycott – Workers at a Farm Outside Seattle Demand Better Conditions and Wages. Plus this video:
A few other highlights from Slog, including past reporting on the farmworker strike:
- Convicts in College?
- Occupy Wall Street: “A Constructive Failure” | Slog
- Striking Haagen Dazs Berry Pickers Return to Work | Slog
- Haagen Dazs Berry Pickers Strike Against Racism and Mistreatment in Skagit County | Slog
- We Made a Video About Jeremy Griffin’s Eviction | Slog
- Seattle Police Arrest Foreclosure Protesters at Downtown Bank | Slog
- FBI Will Pull Racist Anti-Terrorism Ads | Slog
- Get Your Head Out of Your Ass and Help Clean Up the Duwamish River | Slog
- Boeing Should Hire The Kids From South King County, Brookings Analyst Says | Slog
- Don’t Wait Until October to Take Back Radio | Slog